Monday, July 23, 2012

Antique stool re-furb before & after

Original Fabric
This is the before pictures of an antique foot stool I picked up Saturday while junking with my BFF Angela...we've been besties for the past 35 years. We're "JUNKING BFF's". As a matter of fact she's the one who spotted it and brought it to my attention, and of course I nabbed it!

 This is what was found between the two layers of fabric...some little kid was hiding things.
And the after...I painted the stool using a watered down Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Old White". I then waxed the piece with Annie Sloan clear wax. The top is covered with a piece of thrift store find fabric that was purchased at the same place.


I left the bottom unpainted to show it's original fabric and age.

I believe this had to have been a handmade piece...look at the legs, the top looks like a limb right off the tree. None of the legs are an exact match... I'm sure because they we're hand lathed the old, old timey way.

 Look at the joiner on this piece...old. You can see the original fabric in the pics.


I love this fabric...so fitting don't you think?



2 comments: