Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My attempt at painted bottles as seen on Pinterest!




This is my version of painted bottles and can. This bottle was .25 at my local thrift store and the can...well once held yummy asparagus. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Old White" with a little pink acrylic paint to tint it pink...I didn't have to de-stress the paint..all I did...by accident...was just go over the not quite dried paint with another layer of paint and it caused the paint to kinda pull down and leave break marks...if that makes any sense. I glued a silver and pink stone earring to the front. The can is painted with the same paint and adorned with a strip of pink plaid fabric and a vintage button. I have another liquor bottle I spotted one day lying on the side of the road but knew my spouse wouldn't stop for me...so I thought about that bottle for a week and decided one morning to drive the 15 minutes back to the area to check on it...and....it was still there!!  Yayy for me! it is nice too, I just need to find some solvent to get all the print off of it. Then I will paint that one with one of the two free quarts of paint I got this past weekend at ACE Hardware...my Aunt gave me her quart, thats how I ended up with two. I picked a pastell blue and a green...so very pretty. I will post pics. soon of that one when it's done.

2 comments: